You can buy your uniform online from MyClothing or from the PTA second-hand uniform sales that run throughout the year.
Schools have the responsibility to provide an ordered environment in which children see themselves as part of a larger community. The Governing Body has a statutory duty ‘…to ensure that school policies promote good behaviour and discipline amongst the pupil body.’
A dress code helps to establish this environment by:
- increasing the sense of pupil identity with the school;
- identifying children with the school when they are outside the school itself e.g. on trips;
- creating a consistent sense of what is and what is not appropriate clothing for school;
- helping young people to see school as a business-like place where they go to learn, not as a purely social place;
- reducing the element of divisive competition that exists between children (particularly amongst the older age groups) in terms of clothing style and “labels” worn.