Thornhill Foundation was established in 2017 to secure our school’s ability to deliver a rich, creative and enjoyable school experience for all children, despite recent reductions in government funding.
We raise money to help the school deliver major improvement projects that can’t be funded from the school’s state budget, seeking financial donations from parents and local community members, developing partnerships with businesses, and applying for grant funding where available.
Major projects the Foundation has funded include:
- Building our new School Library
- Funding our School Librarian and book stocks
- Refurbishment of the Nursery classroom
- Upgrade to the EYFS outdoor space
Everyone can get involved and support the Thornhill Foundation – here are a few things you can do to help:
- who are giving back the money they save from their children getting free school lunches each month, or make a one-off gift. Any donation, large or small, will make a huge difference, especially with the added Gift Aid.
- Take part in Run Thornhill Run, our annual fundraising event to raise money for the Foundation, for kids and adults
- http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/charities/thornhillfoundationbe it a sponsored swim, a readathon, a book sale – whatever your family wants to do. It’s quick and easy to set up an online fundraising page from our Virgin Money Giving site:
- – many companies are happy to help fund community projects or partner with a school, as part of their Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) scheme. They may consider promoting us as their Charity of the Year, or might be interested in sponsorship opportunities we present with our 300+ local families. Please talk to them about our plans.
- http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/charities/thornhillfoundation ) or speak to your workplace about matched giving or Give as You Earn schemes that they may offer.through our dedicated donation site (
- – Tell friends and family, neighbours, alumni and local businesses about our goals and see if they can help us too.
- – if you can spare some time and energy to help the Thornhill Foundation committee, or if you have fundraising ideas, we’d love to hear from you – drop us an email at