The PTA is here to enrich your child’s experience of Thornhill Primary School and build a strong cohesive community between parents, carers and teachers. It organises events to raise funds to enhance our children’s learning. All parents / carers at the school are automatically members of the PTA and we encourage you to get involved!
It’s a great way to meet other parents, make friends and support our fantastic school. Come along to one of the meetings, share your views, suggest new ideas, attend our events and donate when you can – this all goes towards helping the school and our community.
PTA funds directly help the children’s leaning by providing classroom equipment and opportunities to try new activities. The PTA runs numerous events, such as:
- Summer Fair – A key event with a variety of stalls, activities and games for the children
- Christmas Fair – Another key event with Santa’s grotto, seasonal stalls, second hand sales and plenty of food and music
- Non-uniform School Days – Children dress up according to the theme of the day, in return for a £1 donation
- Cake Sales – Each year holds a cake sale for the school
- Uniform Sales/Book Sales – Second hand Thornhill uniform sales/second hand books and clothing sales
- Childrens’ Art Projects – Christmas cards and tea towels
- Social Events – Quiz night, Ceilidh, Bingo Night
- School Disco – a chance for the kids to show their moves!
We are also supported by generous sponsorship from Hamptons International estate agents.
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or see your class rep!