How we raise the money
PTA funds directly help the children’s leaning by providing classroom equipment and opportunities to try new activities. The PTA runs numerous events, such as:
- Summer Fair – A key event with a variety of stalls, activities and games for the children
- Christmas Fair – Another key event with Santa’s grotto, seasonal stalls, second hand sales and plenty of food and music
- Non-uniform School Days – Children dress up according to the theme of the day, in return for a £1 donation
- Cake Sales – Each year holds a cake sale for the school on a given Friday
- Uniform Sales/Book Sales – Second hand Thornhill uniform sales/second hand books and clothing sales
- Childrens’ Art Projects – Christmas cards and tea towels
- Social Events – Quiz night, Ceildh
- PTA Refreshments at school events
- Easy Fundraising – The Giving Machine allows the Thornhill community to generate funds by shopping online with your favourite retailers.
We have developed strong links with many local businesses and are grateful for their continued support. Some of our recent supporters include: Home Burger and Hamptons.